Tuesday 26 May 2015

Amazing Hong Kong...

I cannot believe that I wrote my last post 3 month ago?!  Not because I don't wanted to share some stories with you! No... I rather don't find the time to prepare a "good post". I take so much pictures now that I live in Tokyo and I have the pleasure to discover so many nice places, that it's a real "job" to sort all these impressions and memories!
For a couple of week I spent 4 days in Hong Kong, and it was such a nice trip that I really have to show you some pictures of this incredible city. I was so excited to discover an other big asian city. Hong Kong is really different from Tokio. Curious? Than follow me...





Even if I live myself in a quiet big city, I was speechless about this view of the "Victoria Harbour"!

At the roof pool of the "Harbour Grand Kowloon"






First day, first trip! Off to "Hong Kong Island". The "Star Ferry" is the best way (especially with kids) to connect both part of the city. 

Old Chinese wisdom ?! :)




On the other side of Victoria Harbor, Hong Kong "Kowloon" with the "Sky 1OO" building, the highest one in the city. 


After a short ride on the Ferry we started our city trip in Hong Kong Island. I really love this side of the city. There are so many completely different places, like "Statue Square" a big business areal with majestic skyscrapers and luxury shopping malls...



Hong Kong is a really (interesting) mix of architecture. You can definitely don't know what you will discover on the corner of a street. Modern and historical buildings, relaxing gardens, Chinese street markets, shrines, bars, restaurants,... just mix in this incredible small place!



Chinese street market






"Gage Street Market"


















You cannot stay in Hong Kong without stop at "the Peak". It offers even by cloudy weather an incredible view of Hong Kong....



"The Peak Tram", the more than 120 years old transportation line


Time to go back and enjoy the cosiness of our hotel... 



Next day was focused on Hong Kong's "Kowloon" city side...



This part of the city is a little bit different from "Hong Kong Island": less skyscrapers, more street markets and definitely more Hong Kong "resident" feeling. Unfortunately we didn't had enough time to visit all the different markets of the city. My favorite from all we manage to look at is the "Bird Market"...



Chinese people who lives in the neighborhood use to hang their wonderful cages in the "Bird Garden" in order to let the birds take some fresh air...





An other highlight of our day was a coffee break at the observatory desk from the Sky100 building.
Such an incredible 360° view at the 100th floor...



Well, the time passed so quickly! A last afternoon at the pool before leaving the next day...





I really enjoyed Hong Kong. Such a great atmosphere! I took with me so many new impressions,  pictures and as usual a lot of colorful home inspirations :)...





No comments:

Post a Comment