Tuesday 13 May 2014

Vintage Blush

May, lovely may...
Definitely my favorite month. Not only because I was born in may ;)
I get the feeling that everything seems to be more brighter, beautiful then. The nature, the weather and the people... Yes I even have the impression that we feel freer when we don't need to wear a coat, that we are more enthusiastic, even sometimes more friendly... I'm definitely in a better mood in may.

It's also the month where I feel the necessity to make a big "nettoyage de printemps" spring cleaning! Not only in my house but mostly in my wardrobe and my jewelry collection. I love to wear bracelets and necklaces during spring and summer. I love the way you can play with them, give your outfit a very special look: elegant, feminine, young, crazy, etc... In my case it give me the possibility to play with color. I love color but I'm not enough brave to wear very colorful clothes. I'm more the basic type: Jeans, white shirt or blouse...
This year I don't really need to make a spring cleaning in my wardrobe. I decided before moving to japan in january to make a very meticulous selection of clothes. It was definitely at the time to start something new, in every sense of the word ;)
I found this wonderful glass boxe in Tokyo and so I preferred to use my time to arrange a new place for my accessories...  





When I look at the result I would say that it describe perfectly the way I am. I mix between a lot of different "something": Morocco meet England, stripes and dots hand in hand, "coco chanel" madame and sweet flowers... I love to catch my favorite pieces from different decoration style (vintage, scandinavian, modern, classic....) and mix them together. In this way it looks more personal, unique because no chance to be copied.

Exactly like the street view from Tokyo or Yokohama. A great mix between old, new, antique, historical...











Love it...
A propos love. I am sure you know what a "macaron" is! If you live in Tokyo you doesn't really need to go to Paris to buy this wonderful "pâtisserie". There are a lot of nice shops where you can find some. I love to go there, not only because of the macaron, but also because they have mostly very cute decoration. Saw in one of them this great lantern arrangement and found that it's a cool kids DIY idea for the next rainy day. So hopefully not before june. Please...



Because what I also really like in the month of may, is that I can finally start to enjoy my garden. And I just finished to rearrange the one in Tokyo.



Hope you will enjoy as well this wonderful month. I will definitely use this cosy place in the garden to read my favourite magazines and for sure find some new home decoration ideas. I could rearange my house every month, but thankfully I found some nice website like "stylefruit" where I can endless play with my actual "like" decoration style. At the moment I'm in love with, how can I call it, a "vintage blush" look . I mix between vintage, scandinavian, modern, light blush (beige, pink) color, grey and black... 

1 comment:

  1. Hast du wieder so schön geschrieben und deine Bilder zeigen soviel von dieser fremden Welt
    Alles Liebe Rike ( bloggermaman)

    ReplyDelete