Wednesday 8 May 2019

Statement dining place or a "Non-Kitchen" Kitchen design...

I spent a few days in France during Easter holidays and as usual my favorite activity there is to read a lot of french home magazines :) Lucky me: my mother buy every month my favorite ones and after 3 months not seeing my parents I had this time a lot to read ;)
So I was prepare to spend some relaxing moments but then it happend! The "Can you please help me to plan a new kitchen area?" question while having lunch with fiends and family! My bestie just had a crush on a picture she saw in one of my magazine!
I can easily understand her (I have basically a crush on half of the home inspirations I see ;) and of course I'll help her because I love her, and also to design interiors :) ...


MMHome




First we had a small briefing! I try to find out her expectation for the room (the way she want to use it) and if she already have or want to have special furnitures. She gave me the list of the items of her dreams and I made while having coffee a very quick sketch!
Second part was the discussion about the color scheme! She loves the pink color but couldn't figure out to live in a very colorful place! So I go for grey / white walls and just add some color items.
Voilà!

Source: Pinterest


Source: Pinterest


Ligne Roset

She was very happy about the result! Merci... and asked me the next day to also design the kitchen!!!
Note to myself: never lend home decor magazine during family lunch ;)) Kidding!
Same procedure: briefing, then planning and drawing...

The result is a "Non-Kitchen" Kitchen design! The idea is to give the impression of a single furniture items. Like a big sideboard! It should look like a statement piece but not like an usual kitchen that's why I choose a black and white contrast... My friend wanted to focus more on the dining place. The most important part of the room as she often work from home and love to spend time there with family and friends. I managed to plan some extra storage space on the wall (over the hood and fridge) but keep it light with the white / natural color scheme of furnitures and accessorizes...


MMHome


Source: Pinterest


I planed the kitchen with the IKEA room planner (love it! So easy to use...) so I was able to give her a budget estimation and I just added the designer furnitures for a better room view!
Finish :) Now She can go for the Ikea one for a budget of approximately 4500 Euros or use the plan and ask for an estimate of cost by other kitchen maker...



Ikea Kitchen planer - Table Ligne Roset - "Tadao" Chair Ligne Roset - "Blown" Lamp And Tradition - "Aplomb" Lamp Foscarini - Print Juniqe - Print Juniqe - Print  - Vase Bloominville  






And there is an extra treat to myself after all this extra amount of work and because the weather is soooo bad... Pink is definitely a feel good factor. Maybe I should add more of this color in my kitchen!  I means the pink chairs look so good ;)
Hope you enjoy it...

Home Sweet Home


No comments:

Post a Comment